FuelQuest Fuel Center® is a fuel management service for companies who wish to reduce fuel costs – typically 4 to 6 cents per gallon – and gain greater visibility in a volatile fuel market. Fuel Center optimizes and directs all fuel management activities-from supplier and distributor selection, demand forecasting, and procurement to dispatching, delivery, and invoice reconciliation. With its team of fuel experts and industry-leading fuel management software, Fuel Center enables a supplier-independent, fuel procurement and management strategy.
Because FuelQuest does not own trucks, fuel, or other assets, Fuel Center eliminates any conflicts of interest in the supply chain. Fuel Center acts as an extension of your team, managing your fuel using the same technology and best practices as the world's most successful fleets and retailers.
- Unmatched Expertise - Leverages the team that manages millions of gallons of fuel for the world's most successful fleets and retailers
- End-to-End Management - Provides fuel inventory, sourcing, dispatch, delivery, and financial reconciliation
- Utilizes Best of Breed Technology - Leverages FuelQuest Fuel Management System (FMS), which runs the largest fuel management network in the world
- Strategic Recommendations - Provides expert guidance on supply portfolio (fuel and freight), contracting, and sourcing
- Alignment of Interests - Avoids conflicts of interest via independence from any supplier or carrier
- Industry Leading Best Practices - Uses procedures and processes that have been proven in deployments for the world's most efficient managers of fuel
- Strategic Procurement - Provides recommendations on supply and pricing strategy; prepares risk management profiles; and conducts supply and transport RFPs.
- Fuel Management - Optimizes inventories, daily pricing decisions, and delivery schedules using best buy, forecasting, and tactical dispatching tools.
- Financial and Delivery - Provides detailed reconciliation of fuel prices, taxes, volumes, and freight
- Performance Benchmarking - Measures and evaluates the performance of your current fuel management operations against industry averages for your market. Also provides a comprehensive report including the potential ROI to be realized after engaging Fuel Center.
FuelQuest's Fuel Benchmark Service:
- Evaluates both fuel and freight for given markets as measured against industry averages
- Illustrates contractual findings and areas for improvement
- Provides ongoing performance improvement targets
- Delivers a comprehensive report including an ROI of what engaging with Fuel Center would yield
- Reduce fuel costs by 4 to 6 cents per gallon,
- Lower working capital requirements,
- Increase security of supply and optimize inventory,
- Centralize control and visibility across fuel management at all sites,
- Reduce their administrative burden and improve invoice reconciliation, and
- Manage fuel in the same manner as many of the world's most successful fleets and retailers.
Ensuring supply security and minimizing costs to procure and manage bulk fuel are top priorities for fuel operators with commercial and industrial fleets. Today more than ever, reducing balance sheet liabilities, controlling the total fuel spend and maximizing asset utilization have become strategic imperatives for leading fleet companies. By outsourcing their fuel procurement and management operation to the Fuel Center experts, LTL trucking organizations can centralize the fuel management process, mitigate the impact of price volatility, drive OPEX predictability and optimize deployment of working capital.
For fleet operators in food distribution, fuel is not their business, food is. However, managing fuel costs is important to the success of a fleet, and fleet operators are looking to implement best practices across fuel operations in order to optimize the fuel process and reduce costs. By outsourcing fuel management to the Fuel Center experts, food distributors are able to focus on what they do best.
|Mining & Aggregates
Mining and aggregates managers are challenged with the task of managing diesel fuel volatility and risk across multiple - and often remote – locations, no small task when diesel prices can fluctuate from fractions of a cent to nearly 15 cents per day. The Fuel Center team assists mining and aggregate companies to manage risk and reduce fuel costs across all sites by mitigating fuel price volatility, providing greater visibility into the fuel procurement process and obtaining the most favorable diesel fuel supply portfolio.
Local governments and private waste companies charged with removing trash and recyclables are facing increasingly tighter margins due to fuel cost volatility. Unpredictable expenses can lead to an unpredictable balance sheet; making it difficult for the business to succeed. Engaging with Fuel Center allows waste management companies to focus on their core businesses while benefitting from centralized fuel management, visibility into inventory, security of supply, and overall fuel savings.
Retailers are competing to capture the dollars from an increasingly shrewd pool of potential customers. Fuel retailers in particular are enduring intensified competition. Convenience stores have the added challenge of turning a profit from in-store inventory while also tasked with managing fuel pricing and supply. Fuel Center’s outsourced fuel management offers an extension of your existing resources with superior domain expertise.
The global transportation industry is increasingly competitive. Pressures to perform superior passenger travel while competing in a largely commoditized industry, leaves fuel costs as one area that has the potential for high-impact improvement. Having an outsourced team of professionals execute a strategic fuel strategy allows transportation companies to concentrate on the business of delivering customer satisfaction.
Download Product Data Sheet
Download Case Study
Download Case Study (70.48 Kb)