- Published on Tuesday, 08 April 2014 00:00
U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Institute for 21st Century Energy President and CEO to Deliver Keynote Address on Domestic Energy Policy
HOUSTON, April 8, 2014 - FuelQuest, Inc., the leading on-demand software and services company for the global downstream energy industry, today announced the featured keynote and session speakers for FuelQuest's GRAIL 2014 Conference. Now in its 10th year, GRAIL is an essential conference for fuel and tax executives, managers, and professionals from retail, distribution, supply, and transportation companies. The conference will be held April 22-23 at The Omni Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
Karen Harbert, president and CEO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Institute for 21st Century Energy, will deliver the keynote address on Wednesday, April 23. Harbert is a highly respected expert in energy policy and the former assistant secretary for policy and international affairs at the U.S. Department of Energy. She was the primary policy advisor to the secretary of energy and to the department on domestic and international energy issues including climate change, fossil fuels, nuclear, renewable energy and energy efficiency. During her tenure at the Chamber, she led efforts to build support for meaningful energy action both nationally and internationally through policy development, education, and advocacy. Her keynote address at GRAIL 2014 will focus on forecast and policy insights for the energy industry.
Other confirmed industry leaders presenting or participating in panels at the event include:
- Rebecca Boudreaux, Ph.D., president, Oberon Fuels
- Andy Dillon, region vice president, Clean Energy Fuels Corp.
- Kris Eiting, supply manager, FuelQuest, Inc.
- Dan Farish, excise tax manager, Murphy Oil USA
- Lindsay Fitzgerald, director of regulatory affairs, National Biodiesel Board
- Tom Kelso, managing director & principal, Matrix Capital Group, Inc.
- Scott Kennedy, fuels distribution manager, 7-Eleven, Inc.
- Heather Killough, business development manager, Argus Media
- Rich Little, senior tax manager, Deloitte Tax LLP
- Michael P. Manning, director, AVSG, LP
- Kelly Mathews, president and CEO, Kelly S Mathews LLC
- Ben McClenahan, director, commercial sales, PAPCO, Inc.
- Jim Mullin, head of procurement, Pilgrim's Pride/JBS USA
- Ken Piddington, CIO, Global Companies LLC
- Ashley Scheele, senior tax manager, Deloitte Tax LLP
- Larry Schafer, senior advisor, consultant, National Biodiesel Board
- Jen Shaunty, tax partner, national excise tax practice leader, Deloitte Tax LLP
- Ben Sunderlin, operations manager, truenorth energy, llc
- Neysa Suarez-Sheetz, tax manager, Deloitte Tax LLP
- Paul Stone, independent director, FuelQuest, Inc.
Attendees will gain invaluable insight into how leaders from their respective industries are tackling critical fuel trends and challenges facing the market today. Conference sessions will discuss best practices based on real-world case studies that improve fuel and tax operational performance. In addition to product training for FuelQuest customers, GRAIL will provide numerous networking opportunities as well as spotlight technologies that mitigate the impact of fuel price volatility in an increasingly competitive landscape. New to the conference this year, tax professionals can earn Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for select tax industry sessions, such as "RINs 101 and Changes in the Renewable Fuel Standard," "The Status and Future of the Natural Gas Vehicle Market," and an alternative fuels panel, "Today's Perspective and Outlook for the Future."
"FuelQuest is honored to host such a prestigious group of industry speakers at GRAIL 2014," said David Zahn, vice president, marketing at FuelQuest. "Each individual brings a unique perspective on forces that are shaping our industry including fuel price volatility, tax complexity, changing regulations, mergers and acquisitions, and increasing alternative fuel demand. GRAIL provides an excellent opportunity for professionals to network with their peers and gain insight into improving day-to-day operations."
GRAIL 2014 is sponsored by the following companies:
- Atlas Oil Company
- Deloitte Tax LLP
- Eagle Transport Corporation
- IPC (USA)
- Kelly S Mathews LLC
- PAPCO, Inc.
- SC Fuels
- UPS Fuel Services, Inc.
GRAIL 2014 INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION
Information on registration and sponsorship opportunities can be found online at http://www.fuelquest.com/GRAIL2014.
FuelQuest provides on-demand fuel management, tax automation, and compliance solutions for suppliers, distributors, buyers, and traders of petroleum products and other energy commodities. FuelQuest's solutions deliver operational and financial value to over 650 customers. These customers include leading global oil companies, international retailers, shippers and government entities. FuelQuest's fuel management solutions help customers manage the complexity, regulation and market volatility for more than 22 billion gallons of gasoline and diesel fuel annually. Its Zytax solutions ensure compliance and accuracy for tens of billions of dollars of energy-related excise taxes per year. Learn more at www.fuelquest.com.
415.963.4174 ext. 4