At FuelQuest our mission is the be the preferred partner of companies dedicated to better controlling and managing their costs and margins by delivering value-based solutions and services complimented by world-class support. We are committed to deliver measurable value to our customers and to continually expand that value through improvements to our solutions and processes. These improvements are enabled by our highly motivated team of industry and solution experts collaborating in an environment of teamwork, empowerment and accountability.
We are currently seeking a Fuel Management System - Support Specialist for our Houston, TX office.
Fuel Management System - Support Specialist
In this role you will be a primary contact for end users using the FuelQuest Fuel Management System “FMS”. Most contacts are via email, there is also some direct communication via phone with customers. In this capacity, you will be on point to document the reported issue and track its status through resolution. Most issues will be resolved by you or a member of the support team. Occasionally some issues will need to be escalated to other departments within FuelQuest. We do not consider support to be an entry level position, rather a skilled position focusing on first time issue resolution and knowledge contribution to the overall value of our offering particularly as you become an expert in one or more of the various modules of the system.
- Act as the primary point of contact for live customers (current users of FMS). Will conduct regularly scheduled status calls and plan all code migrations in coordination with the customers and the FuelQuest Release Manager.
- Provide end user support via troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving issues within the FMS application. Resolution is typically in the form of suggested changes to the FMS configuration or rule settings or specific ‘how to’ instruction.
- Proactively monitor the FMS system by running reports and reviewing batch job emails to identify systemic issues that prevent customers from achieving system-supported business objectives.
- Function as a FuelQuest subject matter expert on existing functionality as it relates to the industry and its customers, such as order pricing, forecasting and dispatch, freight payables management or environmental compliance. In this regard you will:
- Supports testing of new releases of FMS software.
- Provide use cases and value rationale for future development changes to the design team.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Comfortable handling multiple issues, ie. Multi-tasking.
- Experience in a customer support role where tracking and reporting issues and status of resolution were involved.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently while serving in a team environment.
- Clear, outstanding telephone skills and consistent projection of a positive image to internal and external customers.
- Ability to document issues clearly and concisely in order for other team members to assist in resolution with little or no follow up needed for clarification.
- Familiarity with using or providing help desk support for a web based business application, preferably any kind of accounting work flow such as purchase to pay or inventory control.
Highly Desired Experience and Skills:
- Basic SQL, preferably in my SQL and Oracle.
- Previous report building experience is a plus.
- Experience training end users using new or modified software.
- Certifications or formal training in help desk or customer support.
- Knowledge or experience with the downstream petroleum industry.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the Fuel Industry strongly preferred.
- Ability to document data and process flows using MS Visio or equivalent
- ERP system experience using purchasing, AP, invoice or inventory management modules.
- Network/system navigation skills such as getting to FTP directories, accessing systems through remote desktop or VPN.
Minimum Qualifications, Education Requirements:
- Experience: 3-10 years.
- Undergraduate degree from accredited, 4-year institution preferred.